Photographers: David Bailey
A monograph on one of the most famous fashion photographers of the twentieth century. David Bailey revolutionised fashion and portrait photography in the 1960s with his spare, graphic aesthetic and irreverent approach.
- The only book to cover the complete career of David Bailey, best known for his iconic photographs of musicians, artists, actors and celebrities of the 1960s
- Includes his iconic portraits of the Rolling Stones, Andy Warhol, Catherine Deneuve, Michael Caine and the Kray twins
- Features works from every decade of his career, including family snapshots and gritty London streetscapes
- An introductory essay assesses Bailey’s role in the history of fashion photography and discusses his work from the 1960s to the present day, while short texts reveal the stories behind each photograph
- The compact format makes this book an appealing gift for any photography enthusiast